Advanced Veterinary Medical Equipment in Santa Barbara
Our Santa Barbara pet hospital has advanced medical equipment ON-SITE to aid in diagnosing your pet's illness. We are one of just a few hospitals in the Santa Barbara area to carry such equipment.
CBC, Serum Chemistries, PT,PTT, blood gas etc.
X-Ray and State-of-the-Art Ultrasound Machines
Electrocardiogram and Doppler Blood Pressure Machine
Cardell Multiparameter Heart and Lung Monitor
Endoscopy of the abdominal cavity commonly used as a diagnostic tool for taking biopsies of the liver, kidneys and pancreas. It is also used at LCAH to perform spay, retained abdominal testicle, adrenalectomy and gastropexy (Stomach Tacking to prevent gastric torsion).
- Biopsies of: Liver, Kidneys, Pancreas, Adrenal Glands, Prostate and most abdominal organs.
- Removal of Abdominal Testicles, Ovaries, Adrenal Gland
- Laproscopic Assisted: Gastropexy (Stomach Tacking to prevent stomach twisting,) Intestinal Foreign Body Removal and removal of a diseased part of intestine, Bladder Stone Removal
- Laproscopic exploratory of the entire abdominal cavity
Endoscopy of the urinary bladder, used in patients presenting with chronic infections, blood in the urine, straining to urinate, incontinence, trauma, stones and abnormal radiographs.
- Obtain biopsies of bladder wall or growths on the bladder wall
- Stone removal
- Evaluate for Ectopic Ureters (birth defect of the lower urinary tract)
- Examination of the lining of the bladder
Endoscopy of the joint, used in cases of chronic lameness, joint pain, joint instability, swelling and abnormal radiographic findings. Used for joint examinations and to take accurate joint capsule biopsies.
- Knee: used to confirm Cruciate Ligament and Meniscal diseases.
- Surgical example: Removal of torn Meniscal tissue and Cruciate Ligament tissue, OCD Lesion removal, help fix knee joint fractures
- Elbow: used to confirm Coronoid Disease, OCD (Osteochondrosis Dessicans,) Ununited Anconeal Process
Surgical example: Fragmented Coronoid Process removal and Abrasion Arthroplasty, help fix elbow fractures
- Shoulder: used to confirm Bicipital Tendon Partial Tears and Tendonitis, OCD Lesions
Surgical example: Bicipital Tendon Release and Humeral Condyle OCD Lesion Debridement
- Hips: used to evaluate the cartilage health in the hips prior to doing TPO (Triple Pelvic Osteotomy) for Hip Dysplasia
- Hock: (Ankle Joint) used to evaluate for OCD Lesions.
Surgical example: OCD Lesion Debridement
Endoscopy of the nasal cavity. Commonly used in dogs and cats presenting with nasal discharge, nasal obstruction, chronic sneezing, nasal bleeding. facial distortion, nasal pain and abnormal radiographs.
- Evaluate the entire nose for lumps and foreign bodies such as fox tails.
- Obtain biopsies before nasal surgery to create a proper surgical approach.
- Obtain nasal secretions to help make a correct diagnosis.
- Remove polyps in some cases.
Endoscopy of the external and middle ear allowing for safe and thorough ear cleaning under constant visualization, removal of foreign objects, polyp removal and diagnostic sampling.
- Evaluate the entire external ear canal and take samples and remove foreign material
- Evaluate the middle ear for lumps, foreign material etc. and in some cases removal of foreign material and lumps.
Endoscopy of the Thoracic (chest) Cavity. Commonly used to help take diagnostic tissue samples and perform some surgical procedures within the chest cavity with minimal pain to your pet. Surgeries such as partial lung lobe removal and partial pericardial sack (sack around the heart) removal can easily be performed by use of these minimally invasive tools.
- Removal of part of the Pericardial Sack to treat Cardiac Tamponade (fluid around the heart.)
- Removal of part of a diseased lung lobe (Lung Cancer for example)
- Obtain biopsies of masses within the chest cavity
Endoscopy of the Larynx, Trachea and Lower Bronchi. Commonly used to help take diagnostic fluid samples and remove foreign material from the airways.
- Evaluate the Trachea and Larynx
- Obtain fluid samples from the lungs to aid in making a diagnosis
- Remove foreign material from the airway
- Used to assist in Larynx and Tracheal surgeries
Gastroscope and Colonoscope
Endoscopy of the upper and lower intestinal tract.
- Removal of foreign objects from the Esophagus, Stomach and Upper Small Intestine
- Obtain biopsies and fluids from the intestinal tract to help make a diagnosis